This tangy and sour “Khatti Daal”, is a special lentil recipe made from ‘Mong’ and ‘Masoor’ daal. Tempering (tadka) in the end brings an aromatic flavor to enhance the taste for everyone in the family to love it. So try it and share your feedback with us!
#Foodlab #CookItRight #MagicalRecipe #Khatti Daal
Making time 20 Min. Serving 3-4
For Cooking Daal
Water 750 ml
Daal Mong ½ Cup
Daal Masoor ½ Cup
Salt ½ Tbsp
Red Chilli (Powder) ½ Tbsp
Turmeric Powder ¼ Tsp
Ginger-Garlic paste ½ Tbsp
Curry Leaves 1 Stalk
Tamarind (Imli) 5-6 Tbsp
For Tampering (Tadka)
Oil 100 ml
Red Chilli 9-10
Cumin Seeds (Zeera) 1 Tbsp
Black Seeds (Kalonji) 1 Tsp
Fenugreek Seeds (Maithee Dana) 1 Tsp
Curry Leaves 10-15
For cooking daal:
– Soak Daal Mong and Masoor for 20 minutes
– Take water in a cooking pan. Add daal Mong and Masoor and cook on low flame.
– Add Salt, Red Chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger-garlic paste, coriander leaves and curry leaves. Stir well and Cook on sim flame for around 20 minutes or until dal gets tender.
– After the dal is cooked, mash the dal into a thick puree.
– Add water until desired consistency and mix well.
– Add Tamarind and continue to cook on low flame.
– Keep cooked daal aside.
– Heat oil in a tadka pan.
– Add Red Chillis, cumin seeds, black seeds and fenugreek seeds and stir well.
– Add curry leaves and allow them to crackle.
– Add the tempering to the dal.