Missing Tandoori Naan during Lockdown? Learn to make Tandoori style naan at home with the magical ‘Garlic Naan’ recipe by our chef using ‘Tawa (Flat Pan)’. This ‘No Oven No Yeast’ recipe is easier, tastes great with a tandoor texture. It’s a must try to surprise everyone in the family!
#Foodlab #CookItRight #MagicalRecipe #GarlicNaan #CookAtHome
Cooking time 30 Min. Serving 3-4 persons
Plain Flour (Maida) 2 Cups
Salt 1/2 tsp
Sugar 1/2 tsp
Baking Soda 1/2 tsp
Oil 2 Tbsp
Yogurt 1/2 Cup
Warm Water 1 Tbsp
Coriander leaves (For Garnishing only)
Chopped Garlic (For Garnishing only)
Butter (For Garnishing only)
Note: Use ‘Tawa’ (Flat Pan) or Skillet Pan to make naan. Non stick skillet or pan will not work for this recipe. Iron ‘Tawa’ or skillet works the best for making ‘Tawa Naan’.
– Take plain flour in a bowl.
– Add salt, sugar, baking soda, oil, yogurt and water. dry ingredients together, add 1 tablespoon of oil and yogurt mix it well.
– Add water to make very soft dough but not sticky.
– Knead the dough well. Apply light oil to the dough and cover.
– Let the dough sit for about 3-4 hours in warm place.
– Knead the dough again on floured surface.
– Lightly roll the dough and divide it into equal parts.
– Roll the naan on a flat surface.
– Sprinkle with Garlic and coriander leaves
– Flip and apply water on the other side of the naan.
– Heat the Tawa on medium heat.
– Put water side naan over Tawa. Once the naan start bubbling and dough start drying, turn the Tawa over flames keeping about 2 inch away from the flames to cook the naan from top. Naan will stick to tawa and will not fall. This is the reason you cannot use the nonstick skillet.
– Once naan browned to your satisfaction, remove, and spread the butter over it.
– Place in a on a plate and Serve!